How do I create/manage my online ads?
First you will need to make sure that your Agent profile is up to date. All information for branded online ads are pulled from this profile. Once your Agent profile is complete, there are two ways to access your branded online ads:
Click Campaigns on your navigation bar to the left, then Overview, lastly click into the blue Possible Sale box by selecting "View".
Then locate your Online ADS Campaign and select "Edit."
Once there, you will have the ability to modify your creative by selecting your ad template and the content displayed.
- To get started, click Edit.
2. Now click Change Creative, which you will find underneath the Publish button. You will be taken to the screen that displays all of our ad templates. You can utilize the Filters button in the upper left-hand corner to filter your options. Select your preferred template by simply clicking on it. Then, click the Confirm button to hide the window.
3. From here, you can select which Agent Profile you prefer to use. You can also modify the Title,Body, and Branding content. Be sure to keep in mind the character limit. Then click Save.
4. To approve either of the Facebook ads, you will need to connect the ads to a Facebook Business Page and give SmartZip Advertising Access. *SHP business page is set as a default. Whichever business page you connect it to, will be displayed as the Sponsored by portion of the ad.
To connect to your own personal business page, scroll down to the Branding section underneath the ad preview and you will see an area to add your FB business page URL (please include the https:// portion). Once your URL is inputted, click on Publish.
5. You will then log into Facebook, to grant SmartZip permission. Follow the screenshots in the "View the Step-By-Step Guide," or click here. If you are branding a second agent, click Secondary Agent and repeat the same steps.
6. Finally, once the request has been approved, go back to your SmarTargeting page. Review your ads and then click Approve/Publish.
Can I change or upload my own creative to the Online Ads?
After selecting your Online Ad package and audience, the system will prompt you to select and design your ads.
Simply click on the top right corner to where it says Change creative
Then select the drag and drop your image option shown on the top left of the screen.
After selecting the creative of your choice, click on Confirm to save your selection.
Can I make changes to my Online Ad campaign after purchase?
You can absolutely make changes to the appearance of your ads! To locate your custom campaign, click on the desired campaign under the Brand Booster Ad section. Then, to change the template, click Change Creative.
Make sure to reapprove the ad once you finish! To learn more about your available design options, click here.
Please note: The audience and impression count, as well as the campaign duration, cannot be changed after purchase. The amount you pay using the one-time self-checkout is based on these factors, therefore, they remain unchanged until expiration.
How many contacts can I target for my Online Ad campaign?
Select as many as you like! The number of audience is completely per your choice
You can reach up to 100, 1000 or 10,000 contacts depending upon the package you select.
You can select your audience through a zip code, circle prospect around an address or upload a list to target a custom audience.
If you wish to further tailor your audience group and only include select contacts, just create a new label! This custom label will be accessible from the My Labels option, and any associated contacts will be added to your campaign.
What are online retargeting ads, and who do we retarget?
Retargeting ads are ads shown to homeowners who have visited a webpage. We place a cookie on these visitors and retarget them with ads whenever they browse the web.
We will retarget users in two ways:
- If an agent has purchased branded online ads:
- The agent's targets who have clicked on the online ads but have not entered their phone/e-mail information will be retargeted further. These homeowners will begin seeing your branded ads as part of a retargeting campaign with more aggressive bidding factors.
2. If an agent has not purchased branded online ads:
- The agent's targets who have visited SmartHomePrice (through postcards) but have not entered their e-mail/phone information will be retargeted with unbranded Smart Home Price advertisements.
QHow often will my branded online ads be getting in front of people in my territory?
With our targeted online ad program, you can choose to show branded ads to your whole territory or just your SmartTargets. The total number of annual impressions should be 25 times the number of homes in your SmartTargets/territory.
For example, if your whole territory includes 5,000 homeowners and you choose only to show ads to your 1000 SmartTargets (20% of 5,000 = 1000), you will approximately end with 25,000 impressions through your entire campaign (1,000 x 25 impressions = 25,000). These campaigns generally last a year long unless you have specified otherwise.
Additionally, we have retargeting campaigns in which we display even more branded ads for those who have clicked the ad but have not submitted their e-mail/phone information.
What are impressions?
Impressions measure the number of times an ad is displayed. Thus each time an ad is shown on a page it will count as one impression.
With our targeted online ad program, you can choose to show ads to your whole territory or just your SmartTargets. The total number of annual impressions should be 25 times the number of homes in your SmartTargets/territory. For example, if your whole territory includes 5,000 homeowners and you choose only to show ads to your 1000 SmartTargets (20% of 5,000 = 1000), you will end with 25,000 impressions through your entire campaign (1000 x 25 impressions = 25,000).
Can I use my own URL as the destination URL?
Yes, you can! However, you will need to upload your own creative in order to utilize this feature. This is because we want to make sure the message of the ad and the destination URL (the website the are re-directed to) are cohesive. If you do utilize your own ad and URL, SmartZip CANNOT track any leads that go to your own site; we can only track anyone who visits one of your SmartZip landing sites and leaves their information.
Q: Why Did I Receive an Error Stating that my Facebook Business Page isn't Public?
In order for Facebook to grant permission for Newsfeed Ads to display, all users must have an active and public Facebook business page. If the page is not set to public, an error may appear preventing the ads from being approved. For more information on setting your permissions to public, please visit the link below and refer to the attached image:
*Please note that once approved/ published, your ads will be ongoing until the end date of the campaign. You can find the end date on the overview page of your ads. If you want to stop a campaign, we will have to remove the whole campaign from your account, which means you will lose the audience of the campaign that we were able to match IP addresses with and also any retargeting. Please contact your Support Team if you'd still like to stop your ads.