What is the widget?
The widget is a feature that gives you the ability to drive more traffic to your four lead capture sites from your personal webpage. Driving homeowners to the lead capture sites will increase the number of homeowners who visit your lead captures sites with the goal of capturing their contact information. Homeowners simply need to do an address search and they can receive the requested information. The address search will be tracked on your SmartZip account. The widget can be customized to your liking.
How to view and customize the widget?
Click your photo at the top right, click Account Settings, click Lead Capture SItes and click Widget.
Customize the widget using the fields provided. Modify the content of your headline, subheading, and message. You can then customize the font and color of both the Submit button and the background of the widget. Last, adjust the width to fit your size requirements. Once you make your desired changes, move on to Step 3.
Click Copy and copy the widget code. Paste it into your website where you want the widget to appear, within the <body> tag. Contact your webmaster if you need assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I install the widget using WordPress?
To use the WordPress Text Widget:
- Go to Themes > Widgets in the WordPress Administration Panels.
- Open the sidebar, footer, or Theme section to which you wish to add the Text Widget.
- Find the Text Widget in the list of Widgets.
- Click and drag the Widget to the spot you wish it to appear.
To open and edit the Text Widget:
- Click the down arrow to the right of the Text Widget title.
- Set the Text Widget Title (optional).
- Add the text or HTML code to the box or edit what is currently there.
- Choose the option to Automatically add paragraphs to wrap each block of text in an HTML paragraph tag (recommended for text).
- Click Save to save the Text Widget.
- Click Close to close the Text Widget.
- Switch tabs in your browser and preview the results and make changes if necessary.
The Text Widget can hold a variety of HTML, XHTML, and multimedia links and players such as video and object embeds.
Can I use more than one widget at a time?
For a single website:
We currently only support one widget per webpage. Supporting multiple widgets on the same webpage is a future enhancement. Let your account management team know if you are interested. This way they can notify you when the feature is available and possibly enter you into our Alpha or Beta testing if applicable.
For multiple webpages:
Absolutely! You can customize the widget, generate the code to incorporate into your website, and then create a new widget for a different capture site. For example, on MyMainWebpage.com you could have a widget for SmartHomePrice then on MyTeamWebpage.com you can have a widget for NameYourSellingPrice.com.
Are there any Limitations in Customizing my Widget?
In the utilization of the widget, you may encounter some CSS styling/Inlines compatibility errors or limitations. If the widget looks distorted in any way, you should contact your webmaster to inquire about what changes to the CSS styling or Inlines could be done to fit the compatibility parameters of the widget.